Individual therapy is a process of discovery and personal growth. Individuals I work with seek help for many different reasons, each person bringing his or her unique personality and experiences to the process.
I find that therapy can help in the following ways:
- Increased self-confidence
- Better relationships
- Increased self-awareness
- Increased sense of purpose
- Greater self-acceptance
- Removing blocks to finding love in one’s life
- Greater ability to handle life’s difficulties
- Healing from emotional wounds
- Increased integrity
- Greater ability to handle challenging emotions
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a powerful, specialized therapy used to relieve the effects of upsetting emotional experiences and traumatic experiences, including PTSD.
Traumatic experiences lie on a continuum. The more extreme situations that readily come to mind are sometimes referred to as “capital ‘T’ traumas.” These include war combat, rape, child abuse or neglect, torture, witnessing a murder, natural disasters, and man-made disasters (bombings, school shootings, terrorist attacks).
Situations that may have a similarly debilitating effect, but are less apparent are sometimes referred to as “lower case ‘t’ traumas.” Examples include: divorce, sudden death of a loved one, being publicly embarrassed or made fun of, subtle or open discrimination, automobile accidents, and feeling self-conscious about one’s intelligence, athletic abilities, or body.
EMDR is a fast-acting therapy technique shown to be efficacious in treating symptoms associated with anxiety, phobias, addictions, performance anxiety, low self-esteem, sexual dysfunction, unresolved grief, and many instances where one feels “stuck” or “blocked.”
Learn more on my EMDR page.
Premarital counseling lays the foundation for building a strong and lasting relationship. Couples who prepare for their marital relationship before getting married gain skills that play important parts in marital happiness and satisfaction.
Landscapes Counseling & Psychotherapy’s Pre-Marital Counseling Package Helps Couples:
- Explore strength and growth areas.
- Strengthen communication skills.
- Identify and manage major stressors.
- Learn how to resolve conflict using the Ten-Step Model.
- Develop a more balanced relationship.
- Explore and discuss family-of-origin issues.
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting.
- Establish personal, couple and family goals.
- Understand and appreciate personality differences.
The pre-marital counseling package is a series of seven pre-marital counseling sessions helping couples with the topics listed above. Prior to your first session, you and your fiancé will have each filled out an online customized couple assessment (I use the Prepare-Enrich assessment). Your premarital sessions will be tailored to YOU as a couple, based on the information from your assessments.
In marriage counseling, couples learn to work as a team to improve the quality of their relationship.
Benefits to marital counseling include:
- Increased communication skills
- Identify and change “stuck” patterns
- Enhanced intimacy
- Learn to ask for and grant forgiveness
- Reduced shame and blame
- Ability to take appropriate responsibility
Christian counseling integrates the therapeutic process with the individual or couple’s Christian faith (This is only when the client expressly verbalizes a desire for such).
Christian counseling provides the following:
- Ability to integrate Christian values with therapeutic process
- Ability to address spiritual concerns
- Learn the role of redemptive suffering in emotional healing
- Increased ability to receive goodness from God and others
- Greater ability to give and receive forgiveness
Healing JourneysFacilitated by: Tricia Andor, M.A., LPC
Healing Journeys is a therapeutic educational group for women who were molested as children. Members will gain understanding of impact of childhood sexual abuse and develop self-care skills to assist their healing process. Group interaction takes place in a supportive, safe environment.
Weekly sessions are comprised of topic presentation by facilitator and group involvement through expressing, sharing, and learning.
The Healing Process Safety Boundaries
Feelings Self-Care Families
Shame Flashbacks Assertiveness
Coping Strategies Anger Self-Esteem
- All participants must be in individual counseling, and are encouraged to work through issues addressed in group with their individual therapists.
- Group experience is a time-limited 10-week cycle offered twice a year. Regular attendance is required.
“Healing Journeys provides survivors with a unique opportunity to learn, share, and listen with others in a safe environment. I’m honored to provide this space where healing happens.” – Tricia Andor, LPC